ملتقى الجزائريين والعرب
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق اذهب الى الأسفل

1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 Empty 1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01

مُساهمة من طرف زائر الثلاثاء 24 مارس - 13:50:12

Sequence One: Listening and Speaking.
By the end of this sequence, pupils should be able to:
-listen, respond to, and give instructions.
-express a point of view and justify it.
-express preferences and purpose.
-recognise intonation in polite requests and stress in two-syllable words.
-use the comparative forms of adverbs.

Anticipate: (p 4)
1.     Listen to your teacher read the words in the box and pronounce them. Then label the parts of the computer in the picture below:

1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001

Key:
Screen
Floppy disks
Central unit       
   (console)
keyboard
/skriːn /
/flɒpɪ dɪsks/
/sentrl  juːnɪt/
/nsəʊl/
/kiːbɔːd/
 Monitor
Mouse
Printer
Floppy disk drive
Speaker
/mɒnɪtə/
/maʊs/
/prɪntə/
/flɒpɪ  dɪsk  draɪv/
/spiːkə/
 (1-Printer) – (2- Central unit) – (3-monitor) – (4-screen) – (5-speaker) – (6-mouse) –
       (7-keyboard) – (8-floppy disks)  – (9- floppy disk drive).

2.     1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002Find other words related to computers and write them on your copybook:

Key:  Compact Disk – Flash disk – Scanner – mouse mat – earphone – modem – Windows -

3.     Listen and say aloud the e-mail address below:

1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003

Key: We write/see (Yacine2005@yahoo.com) and we read/say (Yacine2005 at yahoo dot com)
                        [user name] [arobas] [domain name]

4.     1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004Take turns to give your e-mail address to your partner. If you don’t have one, invent it:

Key:    
 *Excuse me, what’s your e-mail address?
   Excuse me, can you remind me of your e-mail address?
 *It’s “Karim1@ hotmail.Com

Listen and Check: (p 5)
1.     Reorder the instructions below for accessing e-mail. Match letters a-g with numbers 1-7 in the box
1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image005 

Key:
Numbers
Letters
b
a
c
f
d
g
e

2.     Now , listen to your teacher and check your answer to ex. 1:

3.      1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image006Listen again to the dialogue and play it out using these sequencers: first, then, next, after that, finally:

Key:                                        sample dialogue
A: I don’t know how to use a computer to check my e-mail inbox. Can you help me?
B: Of course. First, you have to switch on the computer. Then, you need to select an ISP from the menu and to click on e-mail. After that, you have to sign in and wait for the connection to your e-mail inbox. Finally, you need to click on “read” or “write” to  
     check or send your messages

4.      1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image007The table below compares e-mail and snail-mail (ordinary letters). Tick in the appropriate boxes to say what you think. Do not use column B for the moment:

5.      1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image008Listen and fill in column B in the table. Do you have the same point of view as the speaker?

Key:
Features
A: Your opinion
B: Speaker’s opinion
Snail-mail
Snail-mail
Faster  1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image009 
Cheaper  1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image010 
More interesting   1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image011
Less personal  1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image012 
Less convenient   1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image013

6.     1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image014Use the information in the table above and write a short paragraph about your preferences. Justify your preference. Start like this:

Key:
  I prefer to send / sending my messages by e-mail rather than send / sending them by snail-mail. First of all, e-mails are the most modern (up-to-date) means of communication. Secondly, they are faster and cheaper than snail-mails.  Finally, they are more convenient than ordinary messages.

I prefer to send my messages by e-mail rather than send them by snail-mail because of many reasons. Firstly, e-mails are faster. Secondly, they are cheaper. Thirdly, they are more convenient. Finally, I favor e-mails because I like the Internet.

Say it Clear: (p 6)
1.     1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image0151st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image016Listen to your  teacher read each of the sentences below and mark the intonation at the end with an appropriate arrow (          ):
1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image017

Key:
a.     1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image018Could you speak more slowly please? (     )
b.    1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image019Can you speak louder please?               (    )
c.      1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image020Can you say that more clearly please? (    )
d.    1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image021Could you go less quickly please?        (    )

2.      Transform the statements below into requests and say them with the right intonation:
1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image022 

Key:
a.     Could / can you type more /less slowly please?
b.    Could / can you press the key more / less smoothly lease?
c.     Could / can you drive more / less rapidly please?
d.    Could / can you use the computer more / less frequently please?
e.     Could / can you arrive earlier please?
f.      Could / can you jump higher please?
g.     Could / can you work harder please?

3.     1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image0231st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image024The words below have two syllables each. Copy them either in column A or in column B according to the stress pattern: (     stressed syllable      unstressed syllable):
1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image025 

Key:
1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image0261st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image027               A 1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image0281st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image029               B
Browser             / ˈbraʊzə /
Floppy               / ˈflɒpɪ /
Cursor               / ˈkɜːsə /
Pointer              / ˈpɔɪntə/
Window          / ˈwɪndəʊ /
Icon                   / ˈaɪkɒn /
Keyboard         / ˈkiːbɔːd /
Modem             / ˈmɒdem /
Connect          / kəˈnekt /
Protect          / prəˈtekt /
Remove          / rɪˈmuːv /
Erase             / ɪˈreɪz /
Escape           / ɪsˈkeɪp /
Display         / dɪsˈpleɪ /

4.     Listen to your teacher and check your answers to ex.3. Then pronounce the words correctly:

The hidden message:
1st ear lessons UNIT 01 PART 01 C:\Users\win7\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image030The message below is written in phonetic script. Rewrite it using the letters of the alphabet:

/ jɔː   ˈflɒpɪ   dɪsk   ntˈeɪnz   ə   ˈvaɪəs   rɪˈmuːv   ɪt    fm   maɪ    kəmˈpjmuːtə /
Your floppy disk  contains    a    virus ;    remove  it    from   my      computer.

زائر
زائر

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

استعرض الموضوع التالي استعرض الموضوع السابق الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

- مواضيع مماثلة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى